2024 Abstract Submission
CAA 2024 Abstract Submission is Closed
Abstracts status notifications will be sent March 2024
Dear CAA Members and Colleagues,
The California Academy of Audiology Conference Committee is proud to invite clinicians, researchers, current AuD students, and academic professionals to submit an abstract for consideration for inclusion at the CAA 25th Annual Conference: Uniting Audiologists being held September 12-14, 2024 in Irvine, California.
The 2024 Conference Committee is looking forward to putting together an exciting educational program to include research by our membership and the audiology community. The presentation formats include:
- General Session Platform Presentations: Innovative and engaging sessions that directly impact clinical audiology practice and practice management. A variety of topics are encouraged to highlight the diversity of the specialties in Audiology.
- Student Research Forum: Geared toward AuD and PhD students, the Student Research Forum allows several students to present their research project for approximately 20 minutes. The Student Research Forum is open to current CAA Student Members.
- Poster Presentations: The CAA Poster Session is an opportunity for both audiology professionals and students to share their research or interesting cases. The Poster Session will occur on September 12, 2024 and will be open to all registered attendees to view throughout the conference.
- Grand Rounds: NEW to 2024! CAA will be accepting applications for Grand Rounds. This feature is an excellent opportunity to share an interesting case with your colleagues. The 2024 Conference Committee will be selecting several cases for presentation during the Grand Rounds session. Each case presentation, including Q&A, will be 10-15 minutes in length.
The 2024 Conference Committee looks forward to engaging with you and reviewing your submissions. Please contact email@example.com for questions or clarification.
Shannon Clemons, Au.D.
Melissa Garafalo-Culmer, Au.D.
CAA 2024 Conference Co-Chairs
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
- Abstracts should represent original scientific research or educational case studies.
- Abstract submission is for both audiology professionals and current AuD students.
- There is a 250 word limit on the text in the body of submitted abstracts.
- Accepted abstracts will be designated as platform presentations, grand rounds, Student Research Forum, or poster presentations.
- Abstracts must be submitted by Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 11:59 PM (midnight) Pacific Standard Time.
- Abstract acceptance is based on the quality of the submission, available space, and diversity of session topics.
- Abstract acceptance notifications are expected to be sent in early March 2024.
- For abstracts accepted for presentation during the poster session, the presenting author(s) must register and pay for conference attendance by June 14, 2024 to secure their spot in the 2024 Poster Session.
- Please submit a headshot and short bio for the presenting author by completing this online form by March 15, 2024.
- While in the submission module, if you need to return to a previous page, use the back arrow on your browser.
- Once you begin the abstract submission process, you will receive an email with a link and passcode to return to your abstract to finalize your submission or make edits.
- Abstracts from audiology professionals and audiology students will be evaluated separately.
- Abstracts commercial in nature will not be accepted. Companies supporting the CAA Annual Conference will have opportunities to present data about specific products during the Annual Conference.
- If you have challenges with your submission, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAA 2024 ABSTRACT TIMELINE
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 13
|Abstract Submission opens
|December 12, 2023
|Abstract submission deadline
|February 13, 2024
|Deadline for presenting authors to submit the Relationship Disclosure Form
|February 13, 2024
|Deadline for presenting authors to submit their headshot and biography
|March 15, 2024
|Anticipated date of acceptance notification emails
Deadline for presenting authors of abstracts accepted for 2024 Poster Session to register and pay for conference attendance.
|June 14, 2024
Deadline for submission of presentation slides for platform presentations, Grand Rounds, and Student Research Forum
|August 19, 2024
Deadline for submission of poster PDF for poster presentations for inclusion in virtual poster session
|August 26, 2024